Mario and Donkey Kong creator Shigeru Miyamoto knows that Nintendo is currently struggling. I think we all know that, in a way, Nintendo is struggling to reach the same success they had when they released the Wii. However, Miyamoto also states that it is times like these where they find the next new thing. This doesn’t worry me because somehow Nintendo always finds a way to pull through. With the recent release of Mario Kart 8, Nintendo has seen a large increase in Wii U sales. Pair that with their extraordinary E3 presence and Nintendo is back on track to be the leading hardware company. What do you guys think? Is Nintendo in a good place now, considering their amazing E3 presence and increased number of sales of the Wii U?
“Certainly we’ve had tough times before, but the numbers have never been as bad as they are now. In my years with Nintendo what I’ve found is that it’s always in those difficult times that we have a tendency to find that next new thing. And I think that maybe we’re seeing a little bit of that [now at E3].”
Latest posts by Marc Villa (see all)
- Nintendo Celebrates National Video Games Day with Fun Mario Facts - 09/08/2015
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth – The Wild Cards Premium Edition Gets A Massive Price Cut On Amazon - 07/06/2015
- Zero Escape 3 Coming To 3DS In 2016 - 07/05/2015
- Splatoon Is The Highest Selling eShop Title Of All Time In Japan - 07/05/2015
- Dragon Quest VII and VIII Could Be Coming To The West - 07/04/2015